Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Insecure Writers Support Group

Well today is Insecure Writers Support Group Day and I am sending out positive, productive thoughts to all my fellow writers out there. Some you of, like my good friend Vics over at Hairnets and Hopes, are doing NaNoWriMo this month. Vics, you can rock this challenge!! I have every faith in you. And the same sentiment goes out to all my writer buds doing the NaNo. Write On!!

In the spirit of the Writing Muse, I want to share some of my favorite quotes about writing. Here's hoping we all take away some inspiration today.

"A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket." ~Charles Peguy

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." ~Sylvia Plath

"When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing." ~Enrique Jardiel Poncela

"Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead." ~Gene Fowler

"Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~ E.L. Doctorow

18 comments:

  1. "When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing." - Great quote, and so true!

    Mel, did you receive your nomination badge on your e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all fantastic quotes. Thanks for pulling those together here. I feel like drops of blood form on my forehead when I write. So Gene Fowler must be on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you used some of my favorites. thanks for the reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I love the last one. The only quote I can remember is, "Toto, I don't we are in Kansas anymore." Sad but true. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quotes! I particularly love #3. It's so true and I never realized it til I started laboring over stories. Readers in general will never know the blood sweat and tears that went into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we're sending support to our beloved Vics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Doctorow's quote. Had never heard that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Post! The last two quotes are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly buy the last one!
    And thanks for your awesome words on my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa,
    These were great and so what I needed to hear to shake the cobwebs and dust lodged in my gray matter~
    Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I like best the Enrique Jardiel Poncela quote: "When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing." so, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy IWSG! Wishes for NaNo success to your friend Vics.

    And thanks for the quotes. Gene Fowler's made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like quotes. Doctorow sure got that one right. And I agree. So do I. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Fowler - but all the quotes are great - superb inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quotes - I especially like the last one, it suits me far too well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great quotes! Fowler's and Doctorow's are my favorites. Congratulations on being nominated Sexiest Female Author for the Movie411 Awards. Thanks for following me.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.