Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Triple H Monday: Hot Story, Hot Men and Hotter Cars

Well, I had a rotten weekend, spending four excruciating hours at the dentist. Ugh! To make myself feel better, I am bringing the hotness this Monday morning.

First, I got a pretty terrific review for my sizzling erotic tale Nathan's Angel.
Pixie from MM Good Book Reviews gave Nathan's Angel 3 and a half hearts. Whoo Hoo! My first official review for my first ever M/M story. Check it out here.
Second, in my quest to catch up with what the rest of the planet has already seen, I watched Fast Five. This really perked me up Saturday night. All I can say is hot men, hotter cars and no plot required. They had me at The Rock. Yes, I have a HUGE crush on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Along with Tyrese, Sung Kang, Paul Walker and Vin Diesel. Then there were the cars...Holla! Oh man, I've got Auto Show fever, now, and it's only November. There are still three more long months til Chitown's cargasm extravaganza.

I digress. Now where was I? Oh yeah, my Fast Five review. Not much to tell, I freakin' loved it. The action sequences were an incredible rush and the car chases high-octane. Director Justin Lin brought the goods and then some. The characters united from all the other Fast and Furious films and they had chemistry in spades, adding to this hellagood ride. Vin makes an awesome big bro, I just adored the brother-sister moments he had with Jordana, reprising her role of Mia.

I found myself missing the snap and sass of Letty, though. Michelle Rodriguez is a complete badass bitch. However, that did not mean that this flick lacked for strong women. Oh no. Gal Gadot rocked it as Gisele, blazing in on her Ducati street racer (I have a thing motorcycles, too) and Elsa Pataky was aces as badass cop Elena Neves. Elena stood her ground with The Rock's Luke Hobbs, faced down machine gun fire and rocket launchers, too. The men were more balanced out this time around by these kick-butt women and I really dug that. I hope to see more of this as they continue the franchise.

Now, for a couple of my fave cars, cuz a post about Fast Five would not be complete without them...

Dom Toretto's signature 1970 Dodge Charger













1972 Pantera Detomaso












1966 Ford GT 40













Did you all see any good movies this weekend? Who or what do you consider drool-worthy? Talk to me.

22 comments:

  1. 4 hours at the dentist? That sounds like a nightmare. I hope that apart from that painful experience you had a good weekend, hon.

    It's great that Nathan's Angel receives so many positive reviews. Not that I'm surprised though.

    Haven't seen Fast Five yet, but I love Dwayne as well. He's so tough, but at the same time he seems like a very sweet guy. Glad he left WWF and became an actor. Awesome review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four hours?
    Great news about the review.
    And wasn't Fast Five awesome? Best damn movie of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your dentist is at least a hunk? :) Or are you not that lucky? :) Congrats on the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious films. I did see the episode of Psych though that kind of spoofed it at the end. Does that count?

    Congrats on your review... that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire the way you lift your spirits. Congratulations on the great reviews! That guy on the cover of your book is drool worthy, whatever his face looks like.

    This last car reminds me of Speed Racer's Mock 5. I had a crush on him (what was I thinking?) and was intrigued by his long lost brother Racer X, who I wanted to marry.

    Happy Thanksgiving week.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard not to swoon over those car pics for sure. And as for The Rock, well, he and I share the same birthday. How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed Fast Five for the flair, fast cars, etc. This one really reminded me of Ocean's Eleven. It wasn't the greatest, but I had fun watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only seen Tokyo Drift (Part 3) to see my old buddy Lucas Black starring - I've known him since he was a wee lad when we worked on the short lived CBS series American Gothic back in the 90's. I notice that he didn't get asked back for this one either. Glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Nebular It was nightmare! Sorry to whine, but man, I was in pain for hours after the good drugs wore off. I did manage to salvage my Sunday and had a great time.

    Aww... thanks for the comment on Nathan. It was my second review and I am so happy people are liking it.

    Glad you loved my review. I love all the Fast and Furious movies, but Tokyo Drift. I still have a soft spot for it, though, it starred Sung Kang and had awesome drift cars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Alex I know, right? 4 freakin' hours. Part of it was wait time, though, so it's not like I spent 4 hours in THE CHAIR. Still...

    Fast Five is certainly one my very faves this year. What a movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Dezz He's a hottie and so are the other guys in his practice. They're Serbian, too! Well, Dr. Patel is Indian, but still, they are gorgeous.

    Thanks! I am really proud of the review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @M.J. LOL I saw that ep, too. It was great and yes, that counts. :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Robyn It was a pleasant way to not think about the pain and the money. LOL I think I the only thing that would have made it better was some Jose Cuervo.

    Yeah, that cover model is a hottie. I can't resist posting him. ;))

    I loved Racer X, too. Speed Racer was definitely a fave and I so wanted to ride in the Mach 5.

    Happy Thanksgiving week to you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jeffrey I think I do a good impression of Homer Simpson looking at donuts whenever I look at these cars. I think that is kick-ass that you share the same birthday as The Rock. I don't know who I share my birthday with other than my cousin. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. @msmariah You know, I never thought about Fast Five in terms of Ocean's Eleven, but I do see it, now. This was a just a great thrill ride and my fave of the Fast and Furious movies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Craig I loved American Gothic and wish it would have been around for a long, long time.

    Unfortunately, Tokyo Drift was not the fave of the franchise for many people. Probably because there was no Paul Walker and no Vin Diesel until the end. It did bring me some Sung Kang and those ultra cool drift cars, so I have a soft spot for it. Lucas did a great job as Sean and I hope to see more of him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I'm not into hot men and I'm sure not into the dentist. Haven't been seeing many movies lately either. Got to get back into the groove.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Lee LOL I'm not into the dentist, either. This film was a fun rush, though, and a perfect cheer up for me.

    I'm just getting back into regular film watching, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the new book!! I will have to check out Pixie's review!!

    SOOO Glad you enjoyed Fast Five!! I loved it! I mean this one had a lot to offer. You raise a good point, Michelle Rodriguez was missed; I love her attitude. Gal Gadot was great and definitely had me wanting a Ducati... still do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Nicole Thank you so much!

    Fast Five ruled! I so want a Ducati, myself. We'd look good racing down the street on our bikes, wouldn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for another great review!!

    Wtf? 4 hours? If my dentist would let me sit for more than 1 hour on the chair, I would sue the hell out of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Maynard Thanks! Well, three hours I guess as I spent at least an hour waiting to get into see him. But, yes, the majority of the time I was there was spent in that rotten chair. It felt like a horror film. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.