Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Friday, January 13, 2012

It's the A to Z Challenge!!!!

Happy Friday!! It's good to reach another weekend. Maybe I can have total fun instead of worrying about computer problems this time. LOL Anyway, today I wanted to kick off the weekend with some really good stuff. First, the big A to Z Challenge is coming this April, Whoo Hoo!! Second, I want to get back to my You Should Know Fridays by talking about some cool peeps you will love like I do.

Okay Imaginarians, if you haven't, pretty please check out the A to Z Challenge. Seriously, this has to be one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had since I started blogging. I met so many new people through this and made a whole host of friends that I treasure. They are the best! If you really want to reach out and connect with great people, this is the way to do it.

I know what you're thinking, 26 posts in 26 days...No way, Mel. I can't post that much. Yes. You. Can. It sounds daunting,and it is, believe me, I know. Last year I started off with a bang, even had the Gashlycrumb Tinies kick off my posts each day, but I stumbled like a rookie runner mid-race. I did not finish on time. I think my last post came during the second week of May, but it was all good. Arlee and the gang were there to keep me encouraged as I chugged through to the finish. But that will not be you. With a little planning, doing all these posts will be easier than you think.

All right, Mel, but what about all those bloggers? There is no way I could possibly visit all these people. Okay, you got me there. Last year, there were over 1300 participants (Zoinks!) which made for one huge-ass obstacle in getting around to the all the bloggers. However, the organizers heard and made some changes to smooth this all out. Check out the A to Z site for helpful hints. I also encourage you just to pace yourself. Try to visit as many as you can and don't worry about the numbers. You're ultimately here to explore and make friends. This is fun, a challenge, a fest, not a timed gauntlet run. The list of participants was left up long after the Challenge ended last year to give people the opportunity to keep on checking out blogs.

And now for the organizers. This year's team of sponsors is a tremendous group whom I consider real pillars of the blogging community. They are extraordinarily supportive and do so much for all of us. They absolutely rock in my book. And they happen to be my You Should Know Friday selections. Go to their blogs, follow them, they really know their stuff and they are just the best. I love their blogs and you will, too.

Arlee Bird Tossing It Out
Damyanti Biswas Amlokiblogs
Tina Downey Life Is Good
Alex J. Cavanaugh Alex J. Cavanaugh
D.L. Hammons Cruising Altitude 2.0
Jeremy Hawkins Retro-Zombie
Karen Jones Gowen Coming Down The Mountain
Shannon Lawrence The Warrior Muse
Matthew MacNish The QQQE Blog
Elizabeth Mueller Author Elizabeth Mueller
Jenny Pearson Pearson Report
Konstanz Silverbow No Thought 2 Small
Stephen Tremp Breakthrough Blogs

Now to sign up for this, go to Blogging From A To Z April Challenge starting on Monday, January 30. The Imaginarium would not be what it is without the Challenge and I absolutely encourage you to do it. It's fun, it's amazing and one hellagood time.

47 comments:

  1. I agree that A to Z was an amazing experience! It's such a warm and welcoming environment that introduced me to wonderful bloggers like you. Congratulations again to all of the fabulous co-hosts. I'm excited to join in the fun with you again Melissa! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie The atmosphere around the Challenge is one of the best parts. People are so encouraging and thoughtful. I am very excited to do this again. I can't wait to see what our amazing community comes up with. And thanks, I'm really glad we connected. :)

      Delete
  2. it was such a great time... i visited so many cool and inviting places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it? I am looking forward to diving in and see who I'll meet.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for plugging the Challenge, Melissa! It made such a huge impact on my blog the first year - I've been a big fan ever since. I met so many cool bloggers through the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! The Challenge really impacted me and I was blown away by everyone I met. The Imaginarium would definitely not be the same without it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Melissa,
    Nice to meet you! Thanks for the wonderful intro you gave us! I'm so excited about this year's event. Last year literally changed my blogging world. Not just the new followers (which was lovely) or the new blogs to follow (met some incredible people) but the feeling of community. I felt part of something big, and it felt great. It encouraged me to keep blogging, even when there were days with only a few hits. I wrote a reflections post, so if anyone wants to read more about my journey from A-Z you'll find it here.
    Tina @ Life is Good
    P.S I'm honored to be your 200th follower! I hit that same milestone yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina! It's great to meet you as well. I'm so happy you liked my post. I love the A to Z and can't imagine my little corner of the blogosphere with out it. :)

      Congrats on 200 followers! Whoo Hoo!! And wow, I can't believe I hit that too. Thank you so much for following. :)

      Delete
  5. Melsy, you do know that the official rule is to write hymns and odes about me under letter D and H, yes? :) Everybody knows that from the last year :)
    My fav AZ official is Jenny Pearson ;) but we love Lee Bird too, when he is in the mood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I've already started my compositions, Dez. "An Ode to a Dear Spy"...I'll send you a copy. :)

      Delete
  6. yikes! i kinda want to do this, but the vastness of it scares the whackadoodles out of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do it! It is scary, but the rewards are incredible. Plus, everyone is super-encouraging.

      Delete
  7. What a nice post Melissa. It's the bloggers like you that have made this challennge what it now is. And now there a video component that will lead up to April. I'm excited to see where that goes.
    Thanks for your great post today.

    Lee
    Have you heard about the A to Z Video Challenge?
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Lee! You have created a wonderful way to connect people and I thank you, sir. :) I'll definitely check out the video. Here's to an awesome A to Z this year!

      Delete
  8. Yay for the A to Z Challenge! Yes, it IS a challenge to post every day for a month, no question, but like every challenge there are rewards! I've met so many great people through doing this. I look forward to April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rewards of participation are priceless. I have so many great friends as a result, that I knew as last year closed, I would be doing it again for sure. Can't wait to start!

      Delete
  9. Those are great blogs indeed. :) Congrats on hitting 200 followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweetie! They are awesome, aren't they? And thank you! I can't believe I've hit that milestone. I am totally floating. :)

      Delete
  10. This is my first year and I'm kinda regretting not doing it last year. But I know it will be a blast this year and I am looking forward to meeting new bloggers and making new friends.

    Konstanz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on being a sponsor!! You are going to have epic fun this year and make so many new friends. :)

      Delete
  11. Super post, Melissa!

    Reading that you finished, no matter what, is the key here.

    After the Challenge was officially over I noticed a blogging buddy was lagging a bit and wanted to throw in the towel...I rushed over to his site and told him the "rules" were more like guidelines (it worked for Johnny Depp in POC, right) and he should just enjoy the journey.

    He gained so many extra followers because he went the distance, we were all cheering him on; like the folks that stay to the bitter end at the New York Marathon, cheering on those last few runners!

    Thank you so much for featuring the upcoming A to Z Challenge so beautifully!

    Jenny @ PEARSON REPORT

    @Dezzy - triple squishy hugs coming your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! When I stumbled and fell behind, I thought briefly about stopping, but everyone was so encouraging and supportive, that it motivated me to keep going. And I am so glad that I did. I can't wait to start again this year. :)

      Delete
  12. Toying with the idea of doing the A-Z but not sure if I have the time to commit to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can do the Challenge, Johanna. It will be tons of fun and I'll be there to cheer you on.:)

      Delete
  13. I LOVE the A to Z Challenge. It's a lot of work but it's so much fun. Looking forward to doing it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is a lot of work, but more than absolutely worth it. I can't wait to see who we meet this year. :)

      Delete
  14. I can attest enthusiastically. The A-to-Z Challenge was a whirlwind of pure excitement. Beyond attracting new, curious followers, you're forced to confront the regiment of posting. It fosters dialogue across all corners of the blogosphere and encourages creative thought. Eventually you'll start to cherish the forced frequency of posting. I sure did!

    Great post, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt! You're right about the forced frequency. It does encourage your creative juices to get going. Like mental cardio.:) Once you get going, you want to keep up the pace.

      Delete
  15. It is an amazing experience! I'm honored to be part of the Team this year. It's going to be a blast. (I'm having a time figuring out a theme for mine this year, last it was on writing...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, the A to Z is certainly an amazing, unforgettable experience. I'm looking forward to all the madness and fun. Good luck on figuring out your theme. It took me a while to figure out what I was going to do. :)

      Delete
  16. The A-Z Challenge is epic! I can't wait to get started. I met so many good bloggy friends there last year, can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epic is a great description for this. I made so many awesome friends, there was no way I was not doing this again. Here's to an awesome A to Z 2012!

      Delete
  17. Hi Melissa, okay, I will! I really enjoyed it last year, which was my first time and I think that is where we met. I used it to show off some of my older posts and that helped me to reorganize my blog for me to be able to find things too. This year, hummmm ....

    Thanks so much for coming by to see me!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kathy! You're right, I think we did meet in the Challenge last year. How awesome is that?

    You know I love coming by to see all your incredible pics and your posts are like returning to a fave book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well this sounds pretty awesome! I remember this from a few blogs in the past and I always admired their dedication to the challenge. I will have to check it out but I can't promise my participation... the commitment slightly scares me. I know, it's silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not silly at all. :) It can be daunting, but you have a great blog and I hope that you will participate this year or maybe next.

      Delete
  20. The A to Z Challenge is going to be fun. that's what its meant to be. Fun. Its a great way to meet new people and that's what I'm looking forward to the most. These life-sized cardboard super hero cutouts just aren't much fun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Life-sized cut outs are rather quiet. I can't wait to start this year's Challenge. Congrats on your new release!

      Delete
  21. Dammit....you may have actually talked me into it this time. As April is also Script Frenzy (a branch of nanowrimo), I might actually lose my mind. But sanity is overrated anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in! And I'm really looking forward to this one - because in addition to finding who knows what or who; I already have some great blogging pals whose A-Z posts will have me clapping with glee! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @M Sanity is over-rated! LOL I'd love to see what you'd cook up for this.

    Script Frenzy sounds awesome. Maybe I'll check that out for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Craig Yay!! I can hardly wait to see what you do for the posts. You are a pop culture god after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. do you mind if i do this in March. Just for kicks?

    ReplyDelete
  26. u have a nice blog
    i want to exchange banner with u
    my site url is http://fundownloadmanager.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. zcodesystem discount

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.