Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Monday, April 8, 2013

G Is For Lisa Gerrard

Week 2 of the A To Z is here and man I am falling behind on my visits. If I have not been to you yet, I am so, so sorry. I've been working a lot and a couple of projects that needed finishing, but I am trying like mad and I will visit. As always I direct you to the top of my side bar to visit the other amazing participants in this wonderful challenge.

I'm so very happy that you all are enjoying my theme and leaving such wonderful comments. For the letter G, I've chosen Lisa Gerrard, musician and composer. She has collaborated with some of the giants in movie music, working Hans Zimmer on the Gladiator soundtrack for which she won a Golden Globe, but because the Academy only allows one person to accept, she was not able to get a gold statue. She also helped score Mission Impossible II again with Zimmer, The Insider and Ali with Pieter Bourke and Fateless with Ennio Morricone. Her score for the Whale Rider consisted of all her own compositions and won a Best Score at the New Zealand Film awards in 2002. She has also scored films such as Layer Cake with Ilan Eshkeri, Balibo, and Playing For Charlie.

In addition to scoring, Lisa has contributed innumerable pieces to various soundtracks including "The Host of the Seraphim" for Legend of the Guardian: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, "Amergin's Invocation" for King Arthur and "Elegy" for the upcoming Man of Steel. Future projects include the horror thriller I, Frankenstein. She is also an accomplished vocalist with a contralto range and formed the group Dead Can Dance with Brendan Perry and Paul Erickson. The group recorded 8 albums and split in 1998, but has since reunited for a world tour and a new album Anastasis.

How was your weekend? Mine's been wicked busy and I'll need to go to work to rest up. LOL.

13 comments:

  1. she is a total talented lady... i love her from the first note i heard. talent is her middle name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she got to keep that New Zealand award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE HOST OF THE SERAPHIM was first used in FOG or MIST movie and it blended divinely with the eerie film. I have that song and listen to it when I'm in a depressive mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great music here - a very talented lady and another boffo post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen Whale Rider a few times, but right now I can't think of any music that is in it. LOL.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    AtoZ #41

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy Lisa's work and featured her Gladiator piece 'The Battle' on my blog last Nov.

    I'm also 'resting up' at work from my weekend, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anyone who can create music. I've no talent for it and I'm sure I've heard this woman's creations before. She's probably held me spellbound and I didn't even realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like she's been a part of a lot of cool themes. Nice to hear about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good choice - yup am falling behind too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her work! She has such a haunting voice. I think she also was involved in Samsara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, great choice! I hope you get some rest~ I have deadlines and a noisy house....augh!

    I'm now craving some soundtracks....lol
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those are some awesome scores. I was a fan and didn't even know it. Awesome A to Z post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Lisa, one of the greatest and most impressive voices of all time. Love all the DCD stuff, as well as the stuff she did with Pieter Bourke.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.