Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

F Is For Tina Fey

I can't believe that Week One in the A To Z is over already. Wow, time does fly. I hope all my fellow challengers out there are having as great a time as I am. Thank you for dropping by my little corner of the blogosphere, I appreciate the support from the bottom of my heart. To visit all the other incredible participants, please click on the top of my side bar.I'm really late with this today because well, while I'm not hung over, I did have a lot of fun last night. Hey, a girl has got have to some party time, right?

I also want to extend a HUGE hug and many, many thanks to Michael Di Gesu for his completely brilliant and amazing intro for my story collection Encore Performances. Thank you all so much for visiting.

What can I say about Tina Fey? Ms. Tina is my girl and she has become one of the most powerful women in comedy and television.The first female head writer of Saturday Night Live, creator, writer and producer of her own television show, 30 Rock, she has blazed a bright trail for young women and girls everywhere. She is also an actor, author and works tirelessly for charities like Mercy Corps and Autisim Speaks. Ms. Fey also speaks regularly on women's issues, pushing to see that we keep getting our fair share.

Tina has made some powerful lists that skew predominantly toward the male of the species like the Time 100 (In 2007, 2009), which magazine deems the 100 most influential people in the world. She was also a three time member of the Forbes annual Celebrity 100, a list of the most powerful celebrities.

Fey has numerous accolades for her work including 7 Emmy Awards, 2 Golden Globes, 5 SAG awards and 4 WGA awards. There has not been a woman with this much influence in television and comedy since those two redheads, Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett. Tina is definitely a powerful badass.

13 comments:

  1. She;s achieved a lot in a very span of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Tina Fey! I consider her to be a true role model. Love her, love her, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tina Fey! Beautiful in a classic sense, extremely funny, and joyously intelligent, Tina is the owner of everything I desire in a woman. Cannot applaud this pick enough. Great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is awesome. Really, she's one of the funniest people working today. So sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Go Tina! I love how she has used humor to reach beyond!
    She seems like a genuine person, too. A tough gig to pull off!
    Thanks for highlighting her-I love a powerful female bad ass, lol

    Congrats on your book! woo hoo
    @>----------

    ReplyDelete
  6. She makes me laugh with her performances and her writing - double trouble - and a fantastic choice, Ms. Bradley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am diggin' this entry in the Girl POWAH! theme, Melissa! <3
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea Tina Fey had won so many awards, and of such variety! She's truly a role model for the younger girls and women on their way up!

    Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina Fey single handedly transformed SNL from an old boys club to a level playing field for male and female comedians. Fitting tribute Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great person to honor, and a great way to do so. Tina Fey is so insanely funny, and such a fantastic role model. Excellent post.

    Happy A-Z blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really wish she would put some effort into it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Overrated person, unfunny and unsympathetic. I don't like her.
    Great write-up though :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.