Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Fun

Happy Friday, Imaginarians!! We made it through the week and I managed to write a few more paragraphs, which makes two whole pages into my newest creation. My good mood is also due to the fact that I am participating in my first blog hop since my absence. Michael Di Gesu is hosting The Coffee Hop, in which we describe what makes us want/need/desire that cup of amazing goodness each day.







My addiction isn't so much coffee as it is caffeine. Oh my God do I have an addiction. I alone, have a billion dollar habit. It is monstrous. I require gallons throughout the day to keep me functioning until I come alive at night like a vampire. Drink it, chug it, sip it or mainline it through an IV. Before I have my first hit, I very much resemble one of the walkers from my favorite show, The Walking Dead.


I can't think, I can't speak English and if you come near me, I'll likely chomp on you. Be warned before you approach me at anytime before High Noon. Wave a hand first. If I blink and growl, stay away or shove some caffeine into my zombie-esque hands.

Go visit the other participants of this hop. We're having a great time and there's some real Colombian coffee at stake.

So anyone got any big plans for the weekend? I'm hoping to get some writing done and watch some movies I have not seen from last year. Oh before I go, I watched the Oscar nominations yesterday and Bad Grandpa received a nomination for Best Makeup and Hair. This is so unbelievably awesome and the big surprise, no nomination for American Hustle in spite of Bradley Cooper's tremendous perm curlers. Johnny Knoxville can officially and forever say he starred in an Academy Award nominated film. Fucking brilliant! I highly recommend this film, it was the funniest damn movie of last year. It was so much better than The Heat, which I found spectacularly unfunny. Not one chuckle or hint of a smile from me through the entire two hours. Yikes! I also recommend We're The Millers for lots of laughs.

Have a great weekend and a terrific time hanging out at The Coffee Hop.

28 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Coffee Hop!
    I laughed when I saw The Lone Ranger was nominated, considering how much that movie was panned - and then I saw Bad Grandpa was listed. Just... wow.
    And Saving Mr. Banks only got one, I think?
    Nice to see both American Hustle and Gravity leading the pack though. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked American Hustle, gravity, not so much. The story was awful and the fx looked something I'd seen a million times at the Adler Planetarium. I didn't think it deserved anything at all. Saving Mr. Banks was a total snub.

      Delete
  2. I'm actually rather chipper in the morning, even before the coffee. (Which just scares my husband.) I posted what I'm like after that first cup of coffee.

    I think Bad Grandpa just negated that whole category.

    I hope American Hustle wins a lot, because every time it won at the Golden Globes, they played ELO's Overture from the movie - and that is my favorite ELO song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELO is awesome! American Hustle should win a lot, I really liked it. Christian Bale's comb over and pot belly were spectacular.

      Delete
  3. I'm only happy for the female category which has all of my fave actresses - Judi, Blanchett, Meryl and Amy (minus Bullock who stole the nom from more deserving Winslet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those four ladies are my favorites as well. So talented and gorgeous. I'm sorry Kate didn't get a nomination, either.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Melissa. The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday, Susanne! Thanks for dropping by. I cannot wait until the rest of Season 4 airs.

      Delete
  5. I don't get much caffeine anymore. My son and my dad (his grandpa) went to see Bad Grandpa at the theater when it came out. My dad said it was the hardest he'd laughed in 40 years. He tried to explain to me some parts of the movie and then he'd start laughing and wouldn't be able to finish the story.

    Me, I still haven't seen it. Congrats on getting back into writing. Keep chugging along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear your dad enjoyed Bad Grandpa so much. It was really hilarious.

      Thanks, Rusty, for the encouragement. It means alot.

      Delete
  6. Considering my oven unexpectedly became a fire hazard this week, I think we're shopping for a new one. Thank God for coffee and crock pots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I'm so sorry about your oven. I'm glad to hear you were able to get another one. I think coffee is a the perfect beverage to get through tough times.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the warning Melissa since I don't want to get nibbled on. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I do love a donut and coffee. American Hustle got 10 nominations, so I don't think they'll be hurting for awards. ;) Bale's hair alone deserves four.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes Bale's hair alone deserves several awards. You're welcome about the warning. I do have a serious problem with getting going. :) Coffee and a donut are terrific together.

      Delete
  8. I like coffee, but hubs tries to keep a control on the amount I can have, so I drink tea in the afternoon. But nothing but coffee first thing, with milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love good, strong tea. I like black tea in particular. No one would ever be able to stand in my way when it comes to caffeine. ;)

      Delete
  9. I drink that incredible brew all day long also. My weekend is catching up on some of the business side of writing and running errands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan I am with you. I can drink coffee and other caffeinated beverages all day long and it never intervenes with sleep. Good luck with your weekend chores. :)

      Delete
  10. Note to self: avoid Melissa before she's had coffee.

    I've heard American Hustle was brilliant. It's on my list.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Melissa....

    Thanks for the warning... I had wondered when I spoke to you a few times way before noon and you almost did growl... LOL.

    LOVE the walking dead pic! Too fun...

    Thanks for hopping along with me through the piles of coffee beans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaaa....coffee IV is funny. People would definitely buy that if it was available. I believe Jennifer Lawrence is nominated as best sup.actress and Amy Adams for best act. in American Hustle weird that the movie didn't get a nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a total walker before my caffeine hits, too. Coffee IVs might make you millions. Enjoy the movies with some coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE COFFEE! Hope your weekend was good - mine was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, I think those zombies could use a cup of really good coffee. They sure are dragging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My addictions are caffeine and sugar so putting them together (I like a little coffee with my flavored creamers) is heaven. ;-)
    Thanks for the good wishes on Deniz's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I'm addicted to caffeine... Actually, if I have too much I get nauseous. But I love love love coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there! I just drink 2 cups a day. Thanks for the movie tips, Mel.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A friend of mine just bought Bad Grandpa when it came out on DVD this week, and we watched it together, the first time I'd seen it. I laughed so hard I was afraid I would sprain something!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.