Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Friday!!

Happy Friday!!! Well, I for one, am damned glad this week is over. I am finally feeling better and on the mend. Whew! Turns out, I have to get my fiber intake up, and I also have a small hernia. Oh yay. But, considering they were testing for cancer and other more serious things, I am on my knees thankful.

Since I went in Monday, I didn't get a chance to share those articles I wrote with you for Static Multimedia.com. There are two reviews, the first is for The Necromancer's Apprentice by Naomi Clark, a rather brilliant short story with lots of magic, zombies and wicked necromancers. The second is a thriller entitled Kill Zone by James L. Hatch. It is addicting reading. Finally, I wrote a short feature article talking about some interesting horror films coming to theaters and DVD/Blu-ray as well as a new TV show, The River by Paranormal Activity director Oren Peli and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. Check out February's Frightening Flicks.

I also missed the Insecure Writers Support Group this month, but I want to encourage all of you to check out these amazing writers and to join up for next month. Founded by the awesome Captain Ninja, Alex J. Cavanaugh, it really is a wonderful group and they give out so much encouragement to everyone.

Speaking of Alex, he is over at The Piedmont Writer today so go say Hi. Also, it's just a couple of more weeks until the sequel to Alex's awesome CassaStar releases, CassaFire. Whoo Hoo!!

And while I'm on the subject of new books, RaShelle Workman has a wonderful new book Sleeping Roses, now available on Amazon. It's a thriller that sounds downright chilling and is the first in her Dead Roses series. She has a contest going on right now so head on over there and enter. There's a copy of the book, a pen and bookmark in the mag prize package.

Finally, Stephen Tremp, author of Opening was at the always amazing MPax's blog Wistful Nebulae on the 30th. Check it out, it's a great piece. Both of these wonderful authors will be here at the Imaginarium later this month. Yay!!

Have a great weekend everyone and thank you so very much for all the well wishes. They really touched me and made me feel better. You truly are the best blog buddies/friends and I appreciate each and every one of you.

16 comments:

  1. Even when you're down, you're not out Melissa! Glad it was just a hernia. That's something that can be fixed.
    Thanks for mentioning the IWSG and no stress you missed it. You had a good reason. And thank you for mentioning my interview. Anne asked some unique questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday to you too, sweetheart. We're all glad that you're feeling better, and you can;t wait to see you back on track. I send you all my love and some flowers. :)

    Cancer?!? Don't even mention that frightening word.

    Thanks for the lovely articles. Read them all. I wasn't familiar with the TV show The River, right until now, so I thank you, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. a hernia. Well, not fun, but not the worst thing either. Hope you feel better and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. Now off to check out your links while hubby watches his handball game on TV. Not much of a handball fan but I am a fan of Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very glad that you feel better, and also very glad that it's 'only' a hernia.

    Enjoy your weekend, warm hugs and kisses from the snowy and icecold Austria!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fibre means no fast food, darling, you know that, yes? :) Lots of fruit, veggies, whole wheat bread...

    Yay, for Shells and her new/old book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm glad they've got you figured out, mel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better, Melissa, and glad it's just a hernia & a lack of fiber. It's like when my friend thought she had a brain tumor and it turned out to be just a stroke. I don't think I ever used that phrase before, "just a stroke."

    You mend up quick. I plan to have my post to you by the end of this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had no idea you were ill. Good to see you're on the mend.

    So nice to see an American blogger avoiding talking about how much they're looking forward to Superbowl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're doing better Melissa.

    I caught Stephen and Mary's posts, but not Rachelle's. Thank for the tip on Rachelle's new book.

    Have a relaxing and healthy weekend.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday back! (he said on Saturday night) Good to have you back! Hope the weekend is going swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great, Mel! Happy to hear tragedy was averted. You're on the path to recovery :)

    Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow! Who ya got? I'm picking the Pats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad it turned out all right and you are feeling better. Pound those prunes and bran flakes, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "like dressing grandma up in a biker jacket" LOL! I totally agree. Stupid commercial for a Kia whose target audience is probably women.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm late on the well-wishes train, but I'm glad you're feeling better now! Illness sucks. Now let me send Chuck Norris over with a bowl of chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.