Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF

It's the end of the week and I am slap happy. It's been a while since I've been this enthusiastic about a weekend, but there you go. I'm planning on hanging with some friends, go to my writers group and pack for my big move on April 14. I do not want to be one of those up all night, last minute packers. I'm also going to be purging things. Donating clothes, books and other things I don't need any more.

To kick things off, I want to wish my dear friend George from the awesomely cool Cinemarvellous, a huge Happy Birthday. He rocks and always has my back. Plus, he's got some of the best reviews around.

For my You Should Know Friday, I want to spotlight Sloane Taylor, a writer friend of mine who is returning to the blog scene. She is launching her blog, Sloane Taylor. She will be blogging twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays, with Monday being a writing and whatever strikes her fancy day. Wednesdays are What's Cookin' days as Sloane is a terrific chef. Best of all, she includes recipes for the entire meal, not just a dish or two. She has a fabulous menu up right now for eye of round roast. I'm definitely going to be bribing my sister into cooking this as I prefer batting clean up and try not to do anything with food other than eat it. She is a fabulous writer, too. One of my favorites. Go check out her amazing website as well.

So have a terrific weekend, my friends. At some point, I'll be hoisting a good beer or margarita and one of them will most definitely be to all of you. You Imaginarians are the Best!

32 comments:

  1. you're moving just two days after my Birthday, dahling, hope I won't get you too tipsy at my party :) or we might hire the guest to finish the moving for you :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to rock it out your birthday, Dez! I'm sure you and I will be the happiest, most hung over people on the planet. ;) I'm thinking some big strapping fellows will have to hired to move me. LOL

      Delete
    2. I'm already working on hiring some strippers from the neighbourhood for the moving :) They will sure move us in all possible ways :) and we them, and we them... :)

      Delete
  2. Already wished George a happy birthday! He has the BEST movie site out there. And purging is good. Scary how much junk we collect, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly say it is a terrifuing prospect going throug all my stuff. ;)

      Delete
  3. Have a great weekend, and have a margarita for me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Talli! And I will certainly give you the best margarita toast. :)

      Delete
  4. No matter how I may try otherwise, I am always one of those up all night, last minute packers. My books get me every time. I always come across one (or five...) that's just begging to be reread. Right then. It annoys the hell out of my significant other and I think that's the real reason we've been where we are as long as we have. =)

    Enjoy your weekend and your margarita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lofty intentions, M.J. , but the truth is I will probably end up staying up all night the night before. LOL

      Thanks and you have a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  5. Cinemarvellous is a cool blog. Surprised I've not herd of it before. BTW, make mine a rum and coke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good rum and coke, I will most definitely have to include one somewhere during my weekend. :) I love George's blog, it really is very cool.

      Delete
  6. Best of luck with the packing - purging is hard for me - but it does feel good when you've cleared a signifigant amount of space. TGIF - happy Friday and happy weekend to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Craig! Yeah, purging is hardest for me. Especially because I have weed out books and movies. :( But you're right, it will feel good clearing away the space. Have a great weekend. :)

      Delete
  7. Enjoy those margaritas. You deserve more than a few. I'll toast you while you pack with a Stoli's on ice.:)

    Thanks for the HUGE plug. I truly appreciate it, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Sloane! And it was no trouble at all plugging your terrific blog. I love looking at all the recipes. ;)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the official move date! It's about damn time to rid yourself of that unwanted, unneeded delirium.

    And a Big Yes for a fun-filled weekend! Do you in the most honest way you know how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Matt! It is so freeing to have an end date to the madness. Onward and upward.

      I love having a fun-filled weekend. Can't wait for the Knicks-Bulls game Monday, though. ;)

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for the shout out and the lovely words, sweetheart. It means the world to me... and you mean the world to me too! :) I'm so glad you decided to move to a new home and start a new life. You deserve THE BEST, and I think this is exactly what you're gonna get. Thanks for the wonderful email as well. Accept this huge hugs from your birthday boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sweetheart. You mean the world to me as well. Your thoughtful words have brightened my day and mean so much, there are no words. Hugs!

      It was absolutely my pleasure to give you a huge shout out and not just cause it's your birthday and another ginormous Happy Birthday to you, hon.

      Delete
  10. GOod luck with the move, Mel. Hope your packing goes smoothly. I think I actually did a Friday happy dance today too ... I don't think anyone saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! I love a good Friday Dance. It's the perfect kickoff to the weekend. ;)

      Delete
  11. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    Good luck with moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I hope you have an amazing, wonderful weekend as well. :)

      Delete
  12. I used to be a regular visitor to Sloane's blog. Can't wait to reconnect with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, she will love, love to hear from you. I'm really hapy she's taking blogging back up.

      Delete
  13. Good luck with the move! And popping over to Sloane's blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassie! You'll love Sloane, she's aawesome. :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Melissa! I hope that you had a great time this weekend and got a bunch of stuff accomplished. I am excited for you that you are getting ready to move. Moving does inspire going through things doesn't it?

    Thank you so much for stopping by to see me.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a great weekend. I was in NYC, a place full of imagination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your weekend went well. Mine could have gone a bit better. :P

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.