Cherie Reich's birthday today and she is celebrating by giving al of us the present. Her new novella, Defying Gravity, is a free download today only over at Amazon. So go snap up a copy and spread the word about this amazing space fantasy romance story. Cherie is also making the final stop of her blog tour over at the awesome Christine Rain's blog today. Whoo Hoo!!
You remember yesterday when I mentioned that crazy cool writer and fellow blogger Julie over at Gypsy In My Soul asked me to answer 11 random questions? Well, now I'm going to give you those answers. Cue the Dragnet music...
1. Paper or plastic? Hmm...Depends on where I shop. Sometimes I shop at stores where my own canvas bag is the only option. I do recycle the plastic bags, though.
2. What cartoon do you still secretly enjoy watching? I never gave up cartoons. I still watch loud and proud. Fave oldies are Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, Galaxy High and Speed Racer. Fave new ones are Spongebob Squarepants, Phineas and Ferb and Kick Buttowski.
3. If you could pick up an instrument and immediately know how to play, what instrument would you choose? Electric guitar. I have always longed to be lead axe in a hard rock band. Can you see me rockin' out on stage ala Joan Jett, Joe Perry or Slash?
4. What is the song that most defines your personality? Hmmm... I don't think I could pick just one, but I do think at this stage in my life after the road I've traveled, it would have to be Bad Reputation by Joan Jett. I'm tired of worrying about what other people think about me and the decisions I make. It's my life after all and I'm the only one who has to live with my choices. Highway to Hell by AC/DC is a close second, though. ;)
5. What is your anger style? I wish I could say something like I have a volcanic temper that erupts when I am angry, but the truth is I'm more of a slow simmer. I don't get angry easily, I tend to let a lot roll off my back, but when I do get mad, I get sarcastic. Nothing like yelling sarcatic insults at the top of my lungs.
6. What do you think will be the downfall of modern society? Reality TV. The shows multiply like cockroaches and every one of us is addicted to at least one. Myself included. Project Runway is my crack.
7. What is the best character name you have come across? I love the names in Tolkien and Rowling. They're so appropriate and roll off the tongue. C.S. Lewis has some good names as well. The worst are the unpronoucable names with no guide to pronunciation.
8. What is your most bizarre beauty ritual? I don't have one. I mean wash my face, shower, condition and color my hair. Nothing too bizarre...All right who found out about the virgins in the basement for my weekly blood bath?
9. What is your favorite scent? I have two, leather and cinnamon. Don't ask me why, but there you go.
10. Could your Significant Other identify you by one body part and if so, which one? Not applicable as I have no Sig Oth right now. I do have a rather fetching tattoo on my shoulder, though.
11. What moment in your life would have won the $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos? I have several epic falls that would probably qualify along with a header into a snow embankment that left me drowning in the white stuff and my fat little legs kicking in the air. Keep in mind I was 25 at the time, far past the age where falls in the snow are cute or make people go "aww" and help. No, my friends laughed uproariously at my expense for weeks after.
Now for my turn at 11 questions
1. Do you experience road rage or commuter rage if you don't own a car?
2. What do you do when you're rolling along in an argument and realize you're wrong?
3. Cookies or cookie dough?
4. Movie quote that best sums up your current situation.
5. What pet peeve drives you homicide crazy?
6. What was the most outrageous lie you ever told that someone believed?
7. What guilty pleasure movie or CD people would be shocked you own?
8. When was the last time you went to the movies alone and what did you see?
9. What item did you have to have, but had huge buyer's remorse after purchase?
10. Favorite condiment
11. If you could bar none get away with it, would you have some illegal fun?
Okay and the folks I've chosen for this me-me are...Because I am very curious to know. You can answer none, one or two or all of them, it's up to you.
Rusty at The Blutonian Death Egg
Kelley at Writtled
Robyn at Life By Chocolate
The Botanist at Views From The Bald Patch
Jenny at Pearson Report
Karen G at Coming Down the Mountain
Caledonia Lass at Writings, Musings and Other Such Nonsense