Sunday, January 23, 2011
Top Ten Songs of All Time Music Blog Hop-Melissa's List
My friend, Alex J. Cavanaugh, got me hooked into participating in this wicked cool blog hop featuring our top ten songs of all time. Now, I could never just pick ten songs as the best. That's just way too difficult because I am such a music lover. So I decided to go with ten songs that have very special meaning to me. I flipped through my memory banks and here they are in no particular order of importance, just 10 songs from the soundtrack of my life. I've included the links for You Tube for these tunes since I couldn't figure out how to get them to play here.
10. Cry to Me by Solomon Burke This is my fantasy dance song with Patrick Swayze and it's no coincidence that it's the love scene song in Dirty Dancing. Oh, how I miss that man.
9. Chip Away The Stone by Aerosmith This was the song that kicked off my 26 year love affair with the boys from Boston. I was 15, it was summer and I was helping out at a car wash fundraiser when this song came on. I have never looked back. Aerosmith will be playing at my funeral.
8. Ripple by The Grateful Dead There are no words on how important this song is to me. It helped me through the suicide of a friend.
7. Living After Midnight by Judas Priest My first introduction to metal right here and I start going crazy whenever I hear the opening beats.
6. I Love Rock N Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts I heard this and was blown away. I was 11 and this was the first time I'd ever heard a woman rockin' it out on the guitar. Joan is still my girl and the volume goes up when this song comes on.
5. Hurt So Good by John Mellencamp Whenever this song comes on, I think of a certain black-haired cowboy and a night to remember. Sexy and naughty...
4. Killing Me Softly by Roberta Flack Never has a song defined the way that moment feels when someone else perfectly tunes in to your pain. I love both the original and The Fugees version.
3. Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett Ah the memories here...An ode to my favorite drink on planet Earth and to some, er, high times. ;)
2. Lili S'en Fout by Toufic Farroukh feat. Yasmine Hamdam Total seduction set to music and I love it. Yeah there are more than a few naughty memories attached to this one. ;)
1. Qingauiit by Tudjaat This is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. I was listening to it the first time I ever saw the sunrise over the Cascade mountains. It was one of the most incredible sights, day and night held the sky at the same time.
Scroll down for a complete list of participants and check out all the great music. Feel free to share your fave tunes in the comments. I'd love a listen.