Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Retro Zombie And Some Great News

Happy Friday, my Imaginarians. Hope you all have and are having a terrific day wherever you are. First, I'm rolling out with some incredibly cool news. I received word that my story, Nathan's Angel, just garnered a 4 Heart review from Ana at The Romance Studio.  To read her incredible review, click here.

Hear that? I'm shaking my tail feathers in a happy dance. I should probably record this and give you all a good laugh...

Now on with the real show. I had the opportunity to read one of the most unique books ever. I'm talking Retro Zombie by the ultra cool Jeremy Hawkins, A to Z co-host extraordinaire and all around awesome blog buddy. Here is my review:

"This book is an incredibly unique reading and visual experience, a provocative work that will leave you talking for hours once you've turned that last page. How to describe it? It is like reading a psychedelic guitar riff. The artwork is a wild trip through a carnival fun house cemetery, each image macabre and trippy,

Accompanying these intense visuals is some wicked brilliant free verse. The words painted pictures in my mind's eye  ran the gamut from beautiful and frenetic to sensual and ugly. I felt like I was sitting in some smoky beat club, sipping absinthe with Kerouac and Ginsberg. Retro Zombie is a visionary work that will blow your mind."

If you love horror, particularly served up literary style, then you must check this book out. Even if you're not into horror, I think you'll be impressed with the images and the verse. Here are the buy links:

Create Space
Amazon 

And check out the superlative trailer 


Have a great weekend and stay tuned for more good things tomorrow. :

22 comments:

  1. Jeremy just rocks!
    And congratulations on the review from The Romance Studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And oh yeah, Jeremy completely rocks. I think his writing is amazing.

      Delete
  2. Reading a psychedelic guitar? Is that a good thing? Sounds like it could be bad for the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You think it would be bad, don't you? But, in this case it was a very good thing.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the positive review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nothing like an amazing review to kick off your weekend on the right foot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too, true! Actually, this review made my entire week better. :)

      Delete
  5. ooooh, our NATHAN'S ANGEL won some praise? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dezz, our story garnered some wonderful praise. I'm so happy right now. :)

      Delete
  6. "4 Heart review from Ana at The Romance Studio?" So cool. I can't read it at work (blocked for some reason) so I'll check it out later. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maurice! I hope you get to read the review. It might have been blocked because TRS has some explicit excerpts on their site.

      Delete
  7. Congrats to Jeremy! Awesome.

    And more yay to you, Melissa on the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy's writing is brilliant. I was so flattered to be able to review this.

      Thank you so, so much!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations Mel on the great review! And congratulations to RZ on the release of his book! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Craig! This review made my entire bad week go away. LOL

      And I hope you check out Jeremy's book, it is a very trippy, but completely intriguing read. I think you'd love the artwork, too.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your 4 heart review! That's badass. Nathan's Angel is rockin' those abs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa, I'm sorry to learn you were having a bad week, but great news! A 4 heart review! Go girl.
    Retro Zombie is one talented guy. Those badges for the A-Z were awesome. His book sounds awesome too.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Denise! That review sure did turn my rotten week around. Hopefully that goodness carries over into this new week. :)

      I love Jeremy's work and yes, those badges were incredible.

      Delete
  11. Woo Hoo, congrats on the supercool review!
    Just checked out the trailer for Retro-Zombie - hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much! I loved that trailer, too. ;)

      Delete
  12. I love you for my first, maybe blog crush on you... sorry i missed the post. you are very kind as are the others.

    Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
    Howlin' Wolf Records: On-Line Magazine

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.