Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks, Food and Movie Review

Happy Fourth of July to all my fellow Americanos out there. Hope you all are having a great holiday. Be safe! I am off to my sister's for a cook out and fireworks show. The food is spectacular with a huge variety of pig, cow and chicken on the fire and lots of homemade sides and desserts. I don't eat at all until I get there, then it's grazing time.

I love being able to sit in a comfortable chair in her backyard to watch the town's fireworks show. Her house is just over the hill from the river park where they launch the extravaganza so we don't have to deal with crowds and port-o-potties. Yay! The only thing better is being out on a boat in Lake Michigan like in this picture. Now that is the way to watch the fireworks around my city.

Check out my review for Transformers: Dark of the Moon over at The Movie411. I had a blast watching it in spite of the huge flaws. Chi Town goes all post-apocalyptic. It's awesome!

15 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to you, Melissa :D Hope you have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my youth I watched fireworks displays over Lake Michigan in my small Wisconsin hometown.

    Happy 4th of July! I am looking forward to watching the fireworks display this evening at Magic Island in Honolulu, always appreciative of our freedom to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as how you're a fellow Transformers fan, it sounds to me that I can enjoy the new Transformers movie as well. I'll definitely look for it when it comes to DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that would be a cool place to see the fireworks. Have a great Fourth, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great time, Melsy, you deserve a bit of relaxation and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Fourth, Melissa! Enjoy the sunshine, the fireworks and the family time! I wish I was on a boat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy fourth! Hope it's a good one! Go forth and barbecue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fireworks over the water are the best. Happy 4th of July. Don't eat all the grilled animals at once. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 4th of July, Mel, Matty, Alex, and all my fellow Americans.

    I just read your Tr3 review, and wow, you did an incredible job! I enjoyed it a lot as well, and I think it should receive more credit than it gets. Pure popcorn entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a great fourth of July! And that you've found the inspiration you were seeking for all your upcoming projects. You could always visit Turkey again *big grin*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th, Melissa! :D

    Will go check out your review. My husband is dying to see that movie. Me, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed the review. Fireworks seen from a boat on the lake sounds pretty decent.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watching fireworks on the lake would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a large park not far from where we live. They shoot fireworks and we take out the lawn chairs and enjoy the show from the close comfort of our home :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.