A day late and a dollar short, I know. I wish I had been able to participate in yesterday's blog fest, but time had gotten away from me. I was so inspired by Jeremy at iZombieLover and Ellie at Ellie Garatt and all their amazing participants, that I decided to post mine anyway.
I've done ten for horror and ten for sci fi because there are so many films I love from each genre that it would be impossible to do just five from each. Even these were hard to come up with. These are quotes I say aloud with friends as we watch. Without further ado...
10. "Stop it! You're ignorant." Night of the Living Dead (1968) Barbara chides her brother in the cemetery before the ghoul comes upon them.
9. "I will not be threatened by a walking meatloaf!" An American Werewolf In London (1981) David talking to Jack's ghost.
8. "I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye." Silence of the Lambs (1991) Hannibal's final words to Clarice.
7. "You've fooled them, haven't you Michael? But not me." Halloween (1978) Dr. Sam Loomis as he searches for Michael Myers.
6. "Have you checked the children?" When A Stranger Calls (1979) Voice on the phone to babysitter Carol Kane.
5. "No, you listen, you little bitch! You hang up on me again and I'll gut you like a fish, understand?" Scream (1996) Ghostface killer to Casey.
4. "I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart." Dracula (1992) Van Helsing to Jack Seward regarding the corpse of Lucy Westerna.
3. "Silver bullets or fire. That's the only way to kill the damn things. They're worse than cockroaches." The Howling (1981) Bookstore owner on how to kill werewolves.
2. "Your mother's in here Karras. Would you like to leave a message? I'll see that she gets it." The Exorcist (1973) Demon to Father Karras.
1. "Then let's head on down into that cellar and carve ourselves a witch." Evil Dead II (1987) Ash on going after Henrietta.
10. "That can't be. That's inside the room." Aliens (1986) Ripley as Hudson reads out the range on the motion detector.
9. "I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain." Empire Strikes Back (1980) Princess Leia to Han Solo
8. "That's the only way. We'll move in pairs. We'll go step by step and cut off every bulkhead and every vent until we have it cornered. And then we'll blow it the fuck out into space! Is that acceptable to you?" Alien (1979) Ripley to Parker.
7. "We have come to visit you in peace and with goodwill." The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) Klaatu to the people of Earth.
6. "They're here already! You're next! You're next, You're next...! " Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) Dr. Miles Bennell warning whoever will listen.
5. "You still don't understand, Dillon, do you? Whatever it is out there, it killed Hopper, and now it wants us." Predator (1987) Dutch to Dillon.
4. "We're not hosting an intergalactic kegger down here." Men In Black (1997) Zed to Jay and K.
3. "I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is." The Thing (1982) Clark
These last two are from Serenity (2005), one of my favorite sci fi films of all time.
2. "Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries! Kaylee Frye to Mal and Jayne.
1. "Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels. Makes her a home." Mal to River at the end as they head into space.