Looking for scare-ific treats to serve for your Halloween party? Here's some things I love to serve at my annual Fright Fest. They're fun, look interesting and are pretty healthy as I am a diabetic.
Apple Bites from Family Fun Magazine
Ingredients: Apples (I like to use Granny Smith, Rome and Pink Lady), slivered almonds
1. Quarter and core apples
2. Cut a wedge from the skin side of each quarter
3. Stick in slivered almonds for teeth
Melon Brain from Family Fun Magazine
Ingredients: 1 small seedless watermelon
You'll Need: Vegetable peeler, paring knife, wooden skewer
1. Peel the green outer rind exposing the inner white rind
2. Slice off a piece from the bottom so you have flat surface to balance the melon
3. Using the skewer, score the melon in half, for 2 sides of the brain
4. Then trace squiggly lines and furrows to look like folds of the brain
5. Using the paring knife, carve channels along the traced furrows to expose the pink
Hope you enjoy these tasty, healthy and horrifically-good treats.