Welcome

Come on and join author Melissa Bradley as she sets off on her latest adventure...

WARNING

If you are not 18, please exit stage left. While there is normally nothing naughty here, I do write and review erotica so there are links to spicy stuff and the occasional heated excerpt.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Save the Contemporary: Hot Finish by Erin McCarthy


Since I am a writer and a huge reader of romance in all its forms, I love it when I come across anything that helps promote the genre as a whole as well as all the myriad sub-genres within. Smart Bitches, Trashy Books and Dear Author are two sites absolutely dedicated to promoting the romance genre. Sarah Wendell and Jane Little from these two sites have teamed up and created Save the Contemporary to try and bring more exposure to contemporary romances. The contemporary is a classic form of romance, an iconic subgenre that launched the romance industry we know and love today. My first romance ever was a contemporary and I want to do my part by helping get the word out about an extraordinary genre and some of the truly excellent authors who write these stories.

Hot Finish is a wicked cool tale by Erin McCarthy. Book 3 in the awesome Fast Track series, it centers on Ryder and Suzanne. They were married after a whirlwhind courtship and divorced soon after. For years they have struggled with the issues surrounding their breakup and now they have reached a crossroads, realizing they may not be so divorced after all. The talk is this book brings it all: humor, sex and a great story. I for one have put it on my reading list.

Since we are talking about contemporary romances, I thought I'd share some of my favorite authors in the genre.

Victoria Dahl: Start Me Up and Talk Me Down are simply spectacular.

Sloane Taylor: Sultry in Sweden and Finnish Fantasies are great stories I've read over and over

Julie James: Something About You and Practice Makes Perfect are two true gems.

Julie Ortolon: Don't Tempt Me and Lead Me On always put me in a good mood.

What about you all out there? Come on over and tell me about your favorite contemporary romance authors and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love comments, so please leave your thoughts. I may not always be able to answer directly, but please know that what you say is very important to me.